Wednesday, 12 March 2014

DIY {Fabric Covered Shoes}


 So I've had these pair of shoes for ages and for some weird reason I'm not ready to let go of them, yeah, I'm clingy like that! Haha! They're pretty worn out on the upper side, but their soles are still very able to serve, so I thought "how can I make these oldies, goodies?" and this light bulb lit up above my head...






You actually need very few supplies to alter your shoes the way that I have... You're going to need fabric, preferably a colorful piece made out of cotton, a pair of scissors, sequin trim or a razor and fabric glue! I  got my fabric glue at Thika Road Mall {Text Book Center}, It's only Kshs.150.

First things first...

1. Wrap the fabric around the shoe to determine the size needed




2. Apply fabric glue to the applique, let it set for 10 minutes before placing the applique {fabric} on the shoe.




3. Place the fabric on the shoe after 10 minutes and press it down lightly.






4. After covering every part of the shoe and trimming the excess fabric from unwanted areas, allow it to dry for 24 hours before wearing them.




5. You know how  a car is taken for a test drive... Take your shoes for a "test walk"...


~~O~~
 
 I hope you enjoyed this simple do it yourself tutorial!


Xx

180f531eefc6199e7a06c9aceedb1cc04c4fdd34e3d5f9784f

15 comments:

  1. That's a neat trick. Have you used that glue on other projects? Is it strong and long lasting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've used the glue on other projects, it does a great job, plus, it's durable! :-)

      Delete
  2. how cool

    i keep saying i will buy fabric glue... now you have motivated me not just to buy but also to put it to use :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this ...its now on my to do list

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!! this is awesome! where did u get the fabric glue? ive just been getting UHU :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the fabric glue at Text Book Centre, Thika Road Mall {TRM}... You can try Nakumatt too.

      Delete
  5. hey i like what u did there. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tutorial. I have been admiring Kitenge shoes for sometime and you have give me motivation to do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely trying this out :-)
    Very creative Yvonne!!
    http://kazinidaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved that. and where do i get the febric glue?

    ReplyDelete

Share The Love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...